Saturday, November 1, 2008

New Youtube Video Lesson

I've put up a video lesson on youtube using John Dowland's little gem "Mrs. Winter's Jump".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6FOVF0CUKg

The pdf for the music is also available for those who might like to learn it.

www.guitar69.com/videos.html

I've been meaning to do more videos, but to be honest, I'm not quite comfortable talking to a camera without the interaction of a student, so I tend to find reasons not to do them. I keep telling everyone in my lessons to "keep stepping into the fire" in order to become comfortable with whatever is uncomfortable - knowing that with time the difficulty will get easier. Of course, it's harder for me to notice when I'm avoiding the fire - especially when the mind gives all kinds of "good" reasons not to step into it.

No comments: